Travel: Getaways from San Francisco
Jenny and Craig have a one-on-one
1) What are you doing for Valentine's Day?
I'd like to spend the entire day curled up with someone right, but unless I find her in the next few days...
2) If you could grace the cover of any magazine, which would it be?
The Onion. (OK, that's a paper, but close enough.)
3) How are your ratings on women.com?
I don't know, although I wouldn't want to be No. 1 or No. 10.
4) Have you had any dates because of your profile?
One, someone who lives in my neighborhood. Chemistry is so hard to find online.
5) What is your favorite story to tell about yourself?
There's always the story of my ballet lessons, mostly a tale of dumb things a guy does to meet women.
6) Do you ever respond to any of the postings on craigslist?
I do get a lot of email directed to me, and I answer them all. Maybe with the exception of billing problems.
7) What has the response been to the new and groovy HyperMatch?
The response to the demo has been surprisingly good. We really gotta implement it. It's even been called "unbelievably cool."
8) What are your tenets about how to start a successful online community (a.k.a., what will you be teaching at the Learning Annex)?
The essence is to treat people like people, give 'em a break, and make it easy for people to give each other a break.
9) How do you choose your staff?
I have other people, smarter than me, choose staff.
10) How do you manage to stay idealistic about the Internet while living on the money-driven Silicon Peninsula?
I think a lot about what's real, what really means something to me regarding my quality of life. I enjoy my luxuries, but they're secondary stuff. There's been some Zen influence, including the music of Leonard Cohen, who, by the way, rules!
11) What is most memorable response you've had when someone realizes you're THAT craig?
12) Do people recognize you in supermarkets?
What's a "supermarket"? (See other articles regarding "cooking.")
13) What did you think of the State of the Union address?
The word "bullshit" comes to mind. Let's give Alan Greenspan the credit for the economy.
14) Doesn't Susan, aka POSTHOC editor, throw great parties?
15) Have you ever fantasized about being interviewed by David Letterman?
Yes. Remember that Dave is our TV pal. I hope he's recovering well.
16) How many hits does the site get per day?
Last I looked, more than 200,000 page views per day on average. (I don't even look at hits.)
17) Did I make you uncomfortable the last time I interviewed you by taking all those pictures?
18) What sites are bookmarked on your browser?
Lots of stuff on community. Some useful stuff, like home banking, and lots of reference material on programming. Who has time to surf?
19) What books are you browsing with your sight?
I don't get this one, sorry!
20) Would you rather be a millionaire or an astronaut?
A talk show host.
Reproduction of material from posthoc is prohibited without written permission.
Copyright 2002, Posthoc, Inc.